Springfield Church is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk. We aim to create a safe environment where children and young people are nurtured and protected and where all people, and especially those who may be vulnerable for any reason, are able to worship and pursue their faith journey with encouragement and in safety.
This is done in a coordinated and supported manner and involves the Church Safeguarding Officers, the Minister, Wardens and the Diocesan Safeguarding Team. Concerns about children, young people and adults at risk will be diligently and promptly responded to according to our procedures, recognising the sensitivity it may hold for those involved.
Springfield Church Council adopted the Diocesan policies ‘Promoting a Safer Church’ to help ensure that we are keeping people safe – Springfield Church Safeguarding Policy
Please find copies of our specific policies below:
|Safeguarding Children||reviewed March 2023. Next review March 2024|
|Safeguarding vulnerable adults|
|Responding to domestic abuse|
You can request a paper copy of ‘A Safe Church’ from the church office. The full manual is available for download from The Diocese of Southwark’s website.
We have appointed Sarah Miller and Tim Samuel as our Church Safeguarding Officers (CSO). Our CSOs are the first people to speak to if you have any concerns around the welfare of a child or adult with vulnerability.
Sarah Miller or on 07941 696037
If you would like to speak to someone outside the church:
For safeguarding concerns out of office hours, please call 020 3874 6743.
If you have urgent concerns about the safety of a child or vulnerable adult, please contact the police.
Pamela Chisholm, Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
Marie Daly, Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
020 7939 9441
Louise Vernon, Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser
0207 939 9462
If you would like to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 ( free phone Monday to Friday 9- 5pm).